SZT Kitty Litter, locally manufactured with natural based ingredients.
SZT Kitty Litter is a pet’s litter product that has been tested to ensure that particles are not sticky to paws & claws, less dust formulation (to keep area clean) and suitable for all types of cats to use. The presence of activated carbon made of coconut shell helps to reduce/remove odor, hence highly suitable for those who prefer fragrance free products (sensitive to smell).
Short Note About Me
My name is Judith Xavier, I make and sell traditional Malay kuihs and at the same time I look after around 120 rescued cats, covering their medicals, food, spaying, neutering and overall health and welfare. Currently, portion of the daily earnings we earned goes into the sustenance of the rescue cats.
What Got Us Started
We started this business out of love for the animals. While growing our business and brand we want to create awareness and educate people on the importance of spaying, neutering and proper care taking of pets especially cats.
We wanted to create a society/community of people that have empathy and love towards strays.
With this business, we are taking the first step towards our dream to become a significant player in the pet industry. Starting with manufacturing our own brand of cat litter. We tried and tested different varieties of litter mixtures to get the perfect “blend”. We want it to be less hazardous, less dusty, and utilizes natural based ingredients such as coconut shell for optimum odor absorption, which will also makes it environmentally friendly. It has high absorption rate making it cost effective too.
One of our huge challenge is breaking into the market as it requires penetrative strategy for sales, marketing and promotion since we are a new comer.
We need funds put our plan into action. We are also seeking for SME advisors & manufacturing professionals to help guide us on our new venture especially in the area of Manufacturing, Go-to market and Export.
Our total cost to kickstart this venture is estimated at RM30,000 where it it covers importing raw materials, marketing, production & packaging and operations.
What We Do With The Funds?
To kickstart, funds will be used for the first batch of manufacturing, as we need to do a custom plate for our bags. An estimation of RM15,000 is required for this.
We would need an estimation of RM10,000 to cover the operation including import duties, man power, warehousing, distribution and delivery.
We require a further RM5,000 to cover for marketing which includes putting up a proper website, paying for road shows, banners, bunting and digital advertisement.
- The first production will produce an estimated of 3,600 bags.
- We will be distributing our kitty litter on consignment basis to petshops around Klang Valley.
- To set up an account and to sell our kitty litter online on platform such as Lazada, Shoppee, Instagram, Facebook.
- We will be joining a few Cat Club on their road trips across Malaysia, Pet Expos and relevant exhibition to promote our brand.
Note: The product is tentatively ready by end of April, 2020.
- We hope to scale and explore bigger market which includes exporting the litter to Sabah, Sarawak, Brunei and Singapore.
- To explore & manufacture other types of cat litter such as tofu plant fiber based.
How do we promote and market the litter?
- Participate in Pet Expo, Road show and Pet Exhibitions in Malaysia.
- Consignment sales to Pet Shops in Malaysia
- Facebook and Instagram
- Getting testimonials (video & written) from trial users who gets to use it for free.
Our Management Team
|Anonymous||RM50.00||June 08, 2020|
|Anonymous||RM200.00||April 01, 2020|